Roasted Beet & Chevre Flatbread with Fresh Mixed Greens
A handmade 12 inch sourdough flatbread made with wild yeast from southern Illinois and Janie’s Mill flour, baked with roasted beets & fresh local goat chevre, and topped with certified organic mixed baby greens and basil finishing salt.
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer or 2 for lunch.
Ingredients in your Farm Crawl Meal Kit:
- Beets - from whichever LEAF farmer can grow them the fastest!
- 13-inch sourdough flatbread - Flo Dough Breads
- Fresh goat chevre - Baetje Farm
- Mixed baby greens - All Seasons Farm
- Basil finishing salt - Flora Bay Farm
Ingredients You'll Need From Your Pantry:
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds
Tools You'll Need to Cook at Home: oven, cookie sheet, aluminum foil, knife & cutting board, mixing bowl, food-safe gloves
Order period ends Thursday, October 8th at noon. Pick up your kit on Thursday, October 15th between 4-6pm at the Neighborhood Co-op Grocery or All Seasons Farm. All Seasons Farm has additional pick-up hours on Friday, October 16th from 9-4pm. If you are unable to pick up your kit during the pick-up window, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements. Quantities are limited.